After long back..
Lets discuss an important tip for data migration.
Recently I faced an issue in moving records from CSV file to Dynamics CRM 2016.
Scenario: In my data file, it has Arabic letters. So i set the properties of CSV file in UTF-8 format. After i moved the data to the table, checked out the Arabic field column. It has some special characters are appended. If i am moving using Excel file, it’s not appending any special characters.
Resolution: After searched various forums , I have found that It’s a data type issue. If we check the arabic values column and its data type, it shows as DT_STR. But it supposed to be DT_WSTR. So changing the data type of the required columns to DT_WSTR data type will help to overcome this issue.
Hope will help somebody in future.
Happy sharing !!