From November 1, Microsoft has released the Dynamics 365 for general use. I just started exploring the new features available in it.
Lets see whats new in the controls and its configuration?
New Controls at Entity Level
In Dynamics CRM, We can add the controls for the entity.It could be enabled or disabled for Phone and Tablet.
Ex. List/Grid, Calendar and Timeline.
In Dynamics 365, We can add few more controls for the entity. It could be enabled or disabled for Web, Phone and Tablet.
Ex. List/Grid, Calendar, CardFeedContainer, Editable Grid and Timeline.
How to configure the new controls?
In my previous post, I have shared screenshots of editable grid features. here is the steps to configure it too.
Editable Grid Properties:
Once you added Editable Grid control, another tab with the name of “Events” will be visible. So here you can configure the events to be triggered on the Editable Grid. Continue reading “Controls to explore in #Dyn365”
Bit more information on “editable grids” features in the Dynamics 365.
One of the WOW feature in #Dyn365 is “Editable Grid“.
After we hear this feature, Our mind starts cooking. Errr…..
- will it replace the JqGrid ?
- how to configure in entity ?
- how can i configure in forms ?
- how can i extend this grid functionality?
- how can i import or export from different environment?
- can i do validation on the edited data ?
- whether OOB validation features will work with this ?
I hope all our questions will be answered by Microsoft in this release. Lets see the high level overview of the features and some screenshots Continue reading “Microsoft Dynamics 365 Editable Grids”
What’s best we got ?
- We can create a template which will be reused forever
- Do a change in one place, it will reflect wherever it’s referred
- Reduces developer time in finding the copy paste issues LoL
- Able to pass parameters to and fro
- Best work for the control flow component which will be independent of the previous steps ex. Package audit
- Defined connection managers in package parts will be carried out wherever it’s used. I guess it’s best thing. So many times I have faced this issue during copy paste. Hope this issue will not repeat if we use package parts
What to be considered ?
- The configured package parts variables in your package will be overridden , whenever you modifying / refreshing the package parts
- Best works for the control flow executables which will be independent of the previous steps ex. Package audit
- You can debug package part from the package by keeping breakpoints in package parts
- Variables in package parts are Task Scoped. So you have to think on how to pass values to it
- Using expression editor in package parts variable, we can pass values
- Passing object variables to package parts is not possible because expression editor will not support object variables
This feature is available from SQL server 2016. Since this is first release we can expect more in upcoming releases.
Try it out and share with your thoughts .
Happy blogging . . .